Primark has stopped the sale of a festive tree candle after photos of one developing a large fire were shared online.

A woman in Manchester shared photos of a ‘concerning’ event where the Primark Home candle burnt down to a level where it started to create large flames. She quickly blew it out and shared a warning to others online.

Image via Facebook

“I am concerned that it poses a risk to the safety of anyone who owns one, and I have emailed Primark suggesting they recall them,” Jenny Ferneyhough said.

Primark has responded to the incident and said: “We take the safety of our customers and quality of our products very seriously. We are removing the product from sale while we investigate this complaint as a matter of urgency.”