We may be only a few weeks into September but if you’re like us, the lunchbox inspiration is starting to dip. Here’s a handly autumnal Courgette & Sundried Tomato Muffins recipe we found to lessen the stress of weekday meals:
Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio have created these delicious Courgette & Sundried Tomato Muffins perfect for little lunchboxes and afterschool snacking. These flavourful muffins are ideal for the rush that comes along with the start of a new school year and for keeping the whole family fuelled up and focused.
What you’ll need:
Makes 12 medium
- 2 eggs
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 1 small courgette, grated (about 60g)
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 120g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 50g mature cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp natural low-fat yoghurt
- About 2 to 3 tbsp of water (you may not need all of it)
- Sprigs of thyme, to decorate
- Chopped sundried tomatoes, to decorate
- Muffin cases or wraps
Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
Line a 12-medium size muffin tray with muffin cases or paper wraps.
To make the muffins:
1. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, pour in the oil, add the grated courgette, sundried tomato and stir in the salt, paprika and parsley.
2. Fold in the plain flour and baking powder.
3. Stir in the cheddar and yoghurt. Add in enough water to form a muffin batter.
4. Spoon into the muffin tin or cases and bake for about 12 to 14 minutes until golden and baked through. (To check that they are cooked, insert a skewer and it should come out clean.)
5. Lift them out to cool completely on the cooling rack.
6. Decorate with sprigs of thyme and chopped sundried tomato.