If you would love to become a healthier version of you in 2021, Emmet from Rushe Fitness has a guide on how to start successfully.
January is just around the corner, and 2021 is fast approaching.
How are you planning to start the New Year?
2020 didn’t go as we may have planned, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make new changes in 2021.
The gyms are able to stay open under the new guidelines, so at least we can put our focus on our health and mental health.
CLICK HERE TO GET RESULTS IN 2021
But, will you make the most of this opportunity, or will it end up like many new year goals have before?
- Will you be another New Year’s “resolutioner” who starts off with great intention, only to fall at the first hurdle?
- Will you make it to the end of January or the middle of February?
- Will old habits creep in and take over before you get started?
- Why do these things even happen?
Why is it that with all the best intentions, you cannot break the bad habits that you have acquired over the years?
It may come down to expectations vs reality.
For most, people’s expectations far outweigh the reality of the situation when it comes to weight loss.
We have been led to believe that massive continual weight loss is THE ONLY way to lose weight.
Advertising, Fad weight loss products and television shows like ‘The Biggest Looser,’ all portray an expectation of weight loss that is simply not realistic for 99% of people who would like to have success.
It is not realistic because it is not sustainable or practical for a normal life.
Most of these shows or product aim for an ‘all in’ approach.
This means that you must follow their program, no matter how strict, no matter what else you have going on in your life, in order to get results.
Then, if you fail, the failure is yours and not the set up of their program.
This isn’t the way it has to be and it isn’t what we do with our Rushe Fitness gym members or our Opti-Mum online members.
- They don’t tell you that weight loss WILL stall, (and you should be expected to stall.)
- They don’t explain why weight loss will do this?
- They don’t explain that weight loss is not linear and you won’t lose the same amount each week.
- They don’t explain that at times, it will go up and that is completely natural.
Because of this, most people freak out and lose hope when weight loss stalls.
Here’s what you need to know and do this January.
If your weight hasn’t moved for 2 days, relax and keep at what you are doing.
You cannot judge progress by daily fluctuations.
If your weight hasn’t moved for more than 2 weeks, it may be time to reassess your diet, training or activity levels.
This is slightly different for females as you will have weight fluctuations around your menstrual cycle, so you may be looking at monthly averages for weight loss to judge progress.
You need to go into the New Year with a new mind-set.
If you start off with the same approach that you have used since time began and it continually fails, why then do you continue to do it?
- Start the New Year with a new attitude.
- Start the New Year with a new you.
- Allow for mistakes and bumps in the road.
- Allow for family events and for unforeseen circumstances.
- When you reach points like these, brush it off and get back on track.
Set yourself goals for the first month and BE REALISTIC.
A 1lb loss per week is fantastic.
There are 52 weeks in the year, so that’s 52lbs in one year at that rate of progress.
If you allow for this and you surpass it, you will have smaller victories and you will be more likely to keep going.
Setting out a 1 stone weight loss goal over January sounds great, but when you consider that 90% of people put back on their New Year weight loss and more on top of it, the 1lb per week sounds like a better target if you can consistently keep it off, doesn’t it.
Wrapping up, I’ll leave you with 4 simple tips to help you.
- Set small goals.
- Make small changes weekly rather than daily ones.
- If it’s working don’t change it.
- If it stops working, reassess what you are doing and make small changes rather than trying a complete overhaul.
If you are confused and have no idea where to start, my Lean21 program can help.
The guidelines above are exactly what we teach our members in Rushe Fitness.
That is why we have had so many success stories who have lost weight and kept it off.
At Rushe Fitness, we are driven by helping people just like you, to reach their goals.
Just, support, guidance and a path to achieving your goals and keeping them.
So, to finally get REAL RESULTS and become the next version of you, click the link below and we can make 2021 your year.
We start on January 4th.