Anna from Farrenwide shines a light on her favourite places to enjoy the summer sunshine in Donegal.
With my Dublin days almost at an end, and Donegal days fast approaching with my impending move home, I’ve been so excited to compile a list of my must return to/visit for the first time places in the hills.
I would LOVE to hear your top picks in terms of places you most like to spend a Donegal day.
My top 5 places to visit this summer are as follows:
1) Murder Hole Beach – Ever since discovering this absolute gem, I’ve dreamt of a sunny Donegal day, with picnic and book in hand, on this glorious beach just 10 minutes from Downings. My first visit was only too short and I cannot wait to return to Murder Hole Beach on a sunny, summer’s day.
2) Drumnacraig Beach – You may remember my post from a few months ago in which I asked some family and friends to share their favourite snaps of Donegal. Since then, I’ve looked with envy at Julianne Herrity’s snaps of Drumnacraig beach in Fanad and only longed to be there on any sunny day I’ve been spending in Dublin. My excitement for having this beautiful location only a stone’s throw from Letterkenny is growing rapidly!
3) Maghera Beach – Similarly, Una McMenamin shared a snap in my family and friends post of Maghera beach. I’ve since trawled through instagram snaps of the white, sandy shores of Maghera beach and put this beach on my must visit over the summer months list.
4) Marble Hill – this beach will NEVER get old. Forevermore Amen, I will be hopping in the car and heading towards Marble Hill, only a short 5 minutes from Dunfanaghy, for a walk along the beach with coffee in hand from The Shack, one of the cutest beach side coffee shops around.
5) The Pod – I WILL make the trip, one’s errand, to visit The Pod, a mobile coffee bar most commonly found at Largy View Point. I do love a good Instagram snap/story and am going to make it my business to seek out The Pod for a coffee and a token insta snap in the next few months.
I would LOVE to hear your top picks in terms of places you most like to spend a Donegal day. I’ll be only too happy to explore far and wide and check them out! Let me know in the comments below.