A father of two has shared a video to warn parents about the dangers of unsecured furniture in homes.

The CCTV footage features two toddlers, aged two, in their nursery. The boys were playing in a chest of drawers before it fell and one boy was trapped underneath.

In a ‘miraculous’ effort, the little boy’s brother managed to lift the furniture away and save his brother.

The boys’ father posted the video online in the hope that other parents will take care and prevent anything like this happening to their kids.

Commenting on Facebook, Ricky Schoff from Utah, USA said: “I’ve been a little hesitant to post this. But I feel it’s not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible. We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share. We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is ok. Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share.”

Last year, furniture giant IKEA issued a worldwide recall of their Malm furniture range because they posed a tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children if they are not properly anchored to the wall.

This latest video has not been linked with IKEA furniture, but serves as a warning for all precautions to be taken with pieces to make sure they are safe for children and adults alike.