#LoveDonegal day is returning on Wednesday the 16th September to showcase the delights of Donegal on social media.
The campaign invites everyone to tell as many people as possible around the world about our amazing county.
Taking part is easy and all you have to do is include hashtag #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú in your tweets or Facebook, Instagram, or any other social posts on Wednesday 16th September.
Simple highlight what you love about Donegal, the special places, people and things to do here.
Tweets/posts could include:
- visiting or travelling around Donegal,
- the people of Donegal,
- the landscape, coastline or islands of Donegal… .
- music, arts, sport, marine, business, culture & food
- the Gaeltacht and the Irish language
Why #LoveDonegal day is so important
The event helps Donegal Connect extend links with those who have Donegal roots or connections around the world (our Diaspora), and to promote the county to the widest possible global audience.
Donegal Connect works to strengthen our links with the Donegal Diaspora to benefit both them and the county. The initiative wants more people to visit, take jobs here, invest in the county, start business here, relocate or retire here, to grow our local economy.
You can take part by:
- Tweeting or posting from your personal account using #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú
- Tweeting or posting from your work, club or group accounts
- Liking and sharing/retweeting other #LoveDonegal #DúnnanGallAbú posts
- Asking your friends & family at home and abroad to join in
Have a look at last year’s Online Toolkit for more information and sample tweets.
If everyone acts together, then we can get Donegal trending and highlight the many wonderful things we all love about our county!