This week, makeup artist Lynda Strain invites her goddaughter Erin Burns to share a smoky glam look.
‘Make-up magnifies the beauty that already exists‘
Introducing my beautiful God-Daughter Erin.
Erin is only 15 and believe me when I say she is a pro at makeup. From an early age she would come and work in my salon in Mullaghbawn on a Saturday and loved trying out different looks, playing around with the makeup and also being first on the seat to be a model for me when I would be teaching my makeup workshops.
I am glad to see that she is following in my footsteps with her passion for makeup. Most weeks I get sent her latest looks, each look surpassing the other.
GLITTERERIN Lipgloss from my Love Lynda Line is named after this amazing young lady.
So check out www.lyndastrainmakeup.com use code Erin to get 10% off Glittererin. Also check out Erin’s latest makeup tutorial below.
Love Lynda x
Follow Erin’s Step-By-Step guide to recreate this stunning look
- I started off with the Elf Concealer and patted it all over my crease and carved out my brows
- I dipped into the darkest brown matte shadow from the ‘Love Lynda’ Cookie Palette and then used haul from the Carnival XL Pro Pallet. Blending out the edges and repeating the process twice to darken. Finishing off the eyes with the highlighter and the lightest cream shade from ‘Love Lynda’ Amelia Alice Pallet I applied a mix of both colours to my inner corner.
- Taking my Primark Illuminator and a Ducare Brush I packed it all over my face for extra highlight and glow.
- I then used my favourite foundation ‘Love Lynda’ Flawless Finish Foundation Warm 6 and started to build it up to my desired coverage then blended it into my skin to get my flawless finish.
- Using my Elf Concealer again to conceal my forehead, under my eyes and around my mouth, I got my beauty blender and blended that into the skin to hide any dark areas, using my Real Technic Loose Powder Brush I packed it on top of the places where I applied my concealer and started to bake my face.
- Now using the white and the bronzed shades from ‘Love Lynda’ Contour Pallet, I started to contour my jawline, cheekbones, forehead, and nose. I also took the lightest bronze shade out of the pallet and bronzed my face,
- I then used ’Love Lynda’ Beauty Blush and packed it just above my contoured cheeks and started to blend. Going back to the Highlighter from the Amelia Alice Pallet I highlighted my brow bone, cheekbone, nose and mouth.
- Lip time, using my favourite lip shade Vintage from the Love Lynda Line. I love it as it is a matte velvet long-lasting lipstick and it does not move!
- No makeup look is complete without lashes, so I applied Tatti Lashes TL1 to enhance my eyes.
- For my brows I used the ‘Love Lynda’ Cookie Pallet the mid tone brown and combining it with Vaseline I filled the brows in and combing with a spoolie brush to blend the pigment through.
- Last but not least, I used the Jeffree Star X Morphe setting spray and that’s how I complete this look!
Carnival XL Pro (Haul only):
Love Lynda Warm 6 Flawless Finish Foundation:
Love Lynda Contour Pallete:
Love Lynda Amelia Alice Pallete:
Love Lynda Cookie Pallete:
Love Lynda Beauty Blush:
Love Lynda Vintage Matte Lip:
Real Technic Loose Powder Brush:
Jeffree Star X Morphe Setting Spray:
‘Creativity is contagious, pass it on‘Albert Einstein
A little look into some of Erin’s latest eye make designs: