What stresses couples out before their wedding day? Bridal columnist Carina Monteith says it's you, the guest, and here's how to fix that:
So, we are bang in the middle of Wedding Seasons and you’re stressing about getting your outfit, organising a pressie for the happy couple and booking to get your hair done. It can be a little hectic and stressful to attend a wedding – so spare a thought for the poor Bride and Groom who have to organise the whole thing!
Planning a wedding can be stressful at times. You want everyone to come along and have an enjoyable day celebrating and going home happy and content. I talk to brides all the time and do you know what stresses them out more than anything as it gets closer to the big day? YOU!!
Ok well not you personally but wedding guests in general! If you have been married recently then you should know these stressors and be on the ball when it comes to making things easier for the couple but for those of you that need a refresher then here’s a list of all the things that the soon to be newlyweds wish they could say to you but can’t –
- For the love of God send us a RSVP!! We won’t be offended if you can’t come to the big day and we don’t have a crystal ball so send a text, snapchat, carrier pigeon – whatever you like, just let us know!
- Stop asking a million stupid questions!
- We aren’t booking.com – book your own hotel room!!
- Nope. You can’t bring the girl you met in the Pulse last weekend!
- Did you forget to add our darling children’s names to the invite? Err no, if we wanted to invite them then we would have put that on the invite……….. same applies to your Auntie Joan!
- No, I can’t change the seating plan to accommodate all your friends Have you any idea how complicated a seating plan is??? **See also point 1 – RSVP on time!!
- Well yes, I’d love to give you a lift to the ceremony/reception but I think I might be a little busy
- Yeah surely, call up to the house the night before the Wedding! We won’t be up to much lol
- No, I don’t need to hear how much cheaper and less stressful it would have been to elope.
- Keep your cooler box of beer for your BBQ at home – not the hotel carpark!
- Sorry but no, we won’t be hiring your 19-year-old graduate son to be our photographer to give him ‘experience’, it’s our wedding not a birthday party!
- Please don’t nip off to the local pub after the meal and forget to come back – that’s just rude and if we can’t leave then neither can you!
- Stop asking stupid questions! Yes, it’s worth mentioning twice!
Now you have everything you need to be a perfect Wedding Guest! And for those couples who are currently on the stress train, simply share this blog with your guests and they might take the hint.
You can thank me later!
For more tips, Inspo and advice check out our TeamBride.ie Wedding Workshops at www.teambride.ie
Snapchat – @teambride.ie | Instagram – @teambride.ie | Facebook – Teambride.ie
If you have any wedding related questions or would like me to cover a certain topic then send me an email to email@example.com
All the wedding best