Castle Grove Country House Hotel are hosting a summer Strawberry Festival on Saturday 1st July - and it looks very sweet!
The beautiful country house outside Letterkenny is set to become a feast of fruits and fun this weekend from 1pm-5pm.
Here’s hoping the sun shines on the gorgeous grounds, where people can listen to live music and freely wander the gardens and admire the beautiful blooms.
The Strawberry Festival Agenda includes:
- Walled Garden tour…. Scheduled at regular intervals, groups will be escorted around the walled garden, seeing the variety of plants, vegetables and of course strawberries which grow there.
- Cookery demonstration scheduled at 2pm and 4pm. Castle Grove’s head chef will demonstrate how to make a strawberry dessert… with samples and recipe cards for his audience.
- Cocktail demonstrations…. At regular intervals, Castle Grove’s in-house mixologist will create a delicious cocktail on the lawn…. Watch out for a very special Secret Ingredient!
- Live music on the front lawn to entertain while guests enjoy the gardens, demonstrations etc.
- BBQ- Weather Permitting- with gourmet burgers etc.
- Free face painting for kids on the lawn
- Food and drinks available inside and out for purchase.
This is a free event as part of the Donegal Food Coast Initiative, so will be a perfect way to spend a family day out – and get one of your five a day!