From the 22nd to the 28th of May, the ISPCC will team up with salons across the country to fundraise for Childline with their annual Get Blown Away campaign.
The campaign which is now in its second year, will see participating salons donating the cost of a blow dry to Childline.
Each year, Childline receives 400,000 calls from children across the country who need someone to talk to. Childline is open 24 hours a day to assist children in need.
Supported by Dyson Supersonic hair dryer, the campaign raised a whopping €70,000 last year with 650 salons on board. This year they hope to smash their previous record and have set a goal to raise a massive €100,000.
To take part, simply attend any of the participating salons and get your tresses blow dried – don’t forget to share a before and after picture online with the hashtag #GetBlownAway.
Celebrities such as fashion designer and blogger Pippa O’Connor, and TV host Mairead Ronan are supporting the campaign.
Several Donegal salons have already signed up to take part in the campaign, including:
- Eileen’s Unisex Hair Salon, Killybegs
- LK Hair Design, Letterkenny
- Academy Hair and Beauty, Letterkenny
- Shapes in Hair, The Diamond Centre Donegal
- Rossanos Hair & Beauty, The Diamond Donegal
- Cuba Hair & The Powder Lounge, Ramelton
- Maria’s Hair and Beauty, Buncrana
- The Lion’s Mane Hair Studio, Ballyshannon
- Picassos Hair Salon, Killybegs
- Nicola Gallagher Hairdressing, Ardara
If you would like to get your salon involved you can visit ISPCC.ie and register to receive further information and an activity participation pack.
To see a full list of participating salons click here.
Look good – do good.