Sweet, classic and oh so gorgeous – Lily Collins’ look at the Golden Globes last night was just Hollywood glamour perfection. The best part about Lily’s look was that it’s something we can easy do at home and not appear like we’ve spent hours getting ready.
This was Lily’s first Golden Globes as a nominee, where she was up for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for her work in Rules Don’t Apply.
Makeup Artist Fiona Stiles, created Lily Collins’ exquisite make-up look using Lancome make-up and describes how she did it. “What a dress! It was so beautiful and inspiring… We wanted to do a look that was beautiful but also bold and modern. It’s such a modern look, and Lily pulled it off incredibly,” says makeup artist Fiona Stiles.
The 27-year-old looked every bit the fairytale princess in her delicate lace Zuhair Murad ballgown and elegant topknot. It was her statement red lips that stood out against the soft pink tones of her gown. Thankfully, Lily is a Lancôme ambassadress which means her look has been documented to a tee by the brand.
Fiona has shared what to do to replicate this look for your next night out (Hollywood awards may be a distant dream!). Here’s what you need and what to do:
- After prepping the skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum (RRP €128), I lightly evened out Lily’s skin with Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long 24H Wear Foundation in 110 Ivoire (RRP €38) and brightened with the Lancôme Effacernes Concealer in Ivoire (RRP €29)
- Keeping the look light and fresh was paramount so I used Lancôme Blush Subtil in Apluma (RPP €38.50) soft dusty pink, on the cheeks for that timeless, romantic feel.
Lily’s brows are so incredible, so I mostly leave them alone. I just filled in the arches ever so slightly using the Fiona Stiles Beauty Micro-Precision Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown
- On the eyes, I used the Lancôme Blush Subtil in Aplum (RRP €38.50) dusted over it to create a wash of colour on the eyes.
- Under the brows, I used Lancôme Hypnôse pallete in D01 Fraîcheur Rosée (RRP €49) to blend the colours.
- She has stunning lashes, so a coat or two of mascara does the trick. Using the jet black Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara (RRP €28) gave the perfect flirty lash. I skipped the bottom lashes to keep the look fresh.
- Last but not least, I wanted the lips to be powdery matte, just an intense stamp of red, so I used the Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Souvenir Shade 193 (RRP €28) and dusted a touch of loose powder to take away any shine from the lip.