'We do not know how much longer the lockdown will last, so we need to act now to look after our physical and mental health.'
We are all in uncertain times right now.
There has never been a situation like this in our lifetimes where so many of us are out of work and confined to our homes.
We are coming into week 7 of the lockdown and it is time to start adapting to our new routines and what the new norm is for the foreseeable future.
We do not know how much longer the lockdown will last, so we need to act now to look after our physical and mental health.
It’s very easy to get down and end up in a bad place while trying to deal with everything that is going on right now.
- We have lost jobs
- We are on lockdown
- We can’t do what we normally did previously
- We can’t exercise the way we normally did previously
- We can’t socialise the way we normally did previously
Life has changed in a way that none of us were expecting or prepared for.
But, we need to start to adapt to this ‘new norm’, because we don’t know how much longer we will be in this, or how much longer it will take for the restrictions to be lifted and for life to get back to our previous normalities.
- It’s easy to comfort eat during this
- It’s easy to drink every night during this
- It’s easy to feel down during this
- It’s easy to feel like you don’t have it together when others on social media do.
But it is time to stop.
We can’t spend the rest of this lockdown comfort eating, drinking, not exercising, feeling bad for yourself and living an unhealthy lifestyle.
This is not and extended holiday!
This is how life will be for the next few months and it is time to start bringing structure back into your life.
This is how things are, so it’s time to start to make better choices.
- If you are eating junk because you are feeling down, it’s time to stop!
- If you are drinking every night, it’s time to stop!
- If you are sitting in front of a screen all day, barely leaving the house, it’s time to stop!
- If you aren’t exercising when you previously were, it’s time to get started again!
- If you are sleeping in and staying up late at night, it’s time to stop!
All those things will bring you down and make you feel even worse about the situation we are in.
We need routine.
Most of us are spinning because we don’t have a set routine and we don’t know what to do with ourselves.
Setting a routine for yourself will help you to have structure in your life again.
- Set times to exercise each day.
- Have set mealtimes each day
- Have a time to get up each morning
- Have a time to go to bed at night
Those 4 things alone will make a huge difference to how you are feeling during all of this.
All we want for you, is that when this is all over, we are coming out of it in a much better place than when we went into it.
So, start taking back control of your life and start making changes to your routine so you can adapt to our new situation.
Eating well, reducing alcohol intake, being active, walking daily and living a healthy lifestyle will all help your physical and mental health during the lockdown.
If you need help with a new healthy and active routine, our Rushe Fitness Live online fitness community can help!
We have daily workouts, recipe guides, and a fitness community that will help and support you though the lockdown.
So, if you are ready to make a change, click the link below and subscribe to Rushe Fitness live now and keep the whole family fit and healthy!