We’ll all have an extra hour to play with when the clocks go back tonight, so why not use it to do some healthy food prep?
This week we have a Donegal-inspired Butternut Squash with Coconut and Chilli Soup recipe from Donegal Rapeseed Oil’s charity cookbook.
The ingredients are all easy to find in the supermarket and combine to make an autumnal dish with a little twist for extra flavour.
This is sure to warm you up on a cold Bank Holiday afternoon:
Butternut Squash with Coconut and Chilli Soup
What you’ll need:
4 tbsp Donegal Rapeseed Oil infused with Chilli
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 chilli, finely sliced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 can of creamed coconut
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
750ml vegetable stock
Sea salt & black pepper to season
- Lightly heat the Donegal Rapeseed Oil infused with Chilli in a deep saucepan until hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and simmer until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add the creamed coconut and whisk to incorporate all the flavours.
- Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients as well as the stock.
- Cook over a medium heat until the squash is soft.
- Blend and season to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe features in ‘Cooking with Donegal Rapeseed Oil’, launched in October 2017. Recipes in the book are kindly donated by Ireland’s top chefs, restaurants, foodies and food companies, with Donegal Rapeseed Oil featuring as a key ingredient.
Sale proceeds go to The Alzheimer Society, The Good and New Cancer Bus and the Shalom Center for Conflict Resolution. The book is €14.95 and available to buy in local retailers and online at donegalrapeseedoil.ie.