The Donegal Women in Business Network have a great line-up of speakers for a unique event in Ghaoth Dobhair this month.
‘Networking Together in the Donegal Gaeltacht’ will hear from women in business and education to uncover opportunities in the thriving region.
The event, held in partnership with Údarás na Gaeltachta takes place at gteic, Páirc Ghnó Ghaoth Dobhair, on Wednesday, 24th October, 2018, 10am – 2pm.
MC for the day is Sinéad Ní Fhatharta, Enterprise & Employment Manager Údarás na Gaeltachta.
Welcome address will be made by Anna Ní Ghallachair, Chairperson of Údarás na Gaeltachta, Senior lecturer and the Director of the language centre in Maynooth University followed by Deirdre McGlone Happy Hotelier Harveys Point Hotel and President of the Donegal Women in Business Network.
- Carolynne Harrison – Crashing through glass ceilings in a man’s world to becoming General Manager Shandon Hotel & Spa.
- Evelyn Cagney – Returned diaspora, young mum and Founder of Pet Lamb Design.
- Evelyn Mc Glynn – from stay at home Donegal Mammy to Evelyn Mc Marketing and Marketing Officer of the Donegal Women in Business Network
- Laura Gallagher – Shopify expert, working mum and owner of LG Global Marketing.
Tickets are €10, available now at: www.eventbrite.ie/e/networking-together-in-the-donegal-gaeltacht-tickets-50168962718
The Donegal Women in Business Network will celebrate their 20th anniversary next year in 2019.
As part of their ongoing support and networking with women in Donegal they are delighted to collaborate with any organization or group involved in the empowerment and support of women with an interest in business.
PRO Evelyn Mc Glynn said: “When the Udaras team contacted Donegal Women in Business Network to collaborate on a joint networking event we were delighted to support their efforts and we look forward to a great event in a beautiful part of our county.”
“A number of our members will speak at the event, and we look forward to meeting any women who wishes to come along for inspiration or support in setting up a business in the county.
“Our motto is “You know more than you think you do” and the path from where you are now to a new future and career is made easier by the support and encouragement of others.”
With the support of Donegal Local Enterprise Office Donegal Women in Business Network was created to support all women who work in business – whether you are running your own company, working for a firm or organisation, or thinking of starting an enterprise. The Network is all about helping our members succeed.
It supports members by:
• Giving shared learning and peer support through networking ,seminars and workshops
• Providing opportunities for businesses to promote themselves
• Be a source of information
• Organising networking events
• Enabling members to build up useful business contacts
“We run a number of networking and training events throughout the year and we plan to celebrate 2019 with a major conference and an e book to celebrate all women in business throughout the past two decade,” Evelyn adds.
“We are always looking to welcome new members , the network is open to all women with an interest in business.”
If you are interested in joining the Network, you can join online at www.donegalwomeninbusiness.com
Call Evelyn PRO 087 2246989