Noel Cunningham has shared his style secrets with DonegalWoman.ie!
Noel has had a very busy year promoting Donegal as Ireland’s ultimate gem and has served as a fantastic ambassador for the county.
Noel has also been completed humanitarian work in Beirut, Lebanon, and Damascus, working with those who have been devastated by tragedy.
Earlier this month he has been honoured as the London Donegal Association’s Person of the Year for 2017.
This is Noel’s Style Study for Donegal Woman:
1. How would you describe your personal style?
Individual! Influenced by classic cut and good fabrics.
2. Who is your style icon?
Male: David Beckham. Female: Vivienne Westwood.
3. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
My Pierre Cardin suit, 20 plus years old! Bought in a market in Agadir, Morocco.
4. What inspires you when choosing an outfit?
Must love it – appropriate for use and cut and colour.
5. How would you accessorise a look?
Good shoes, terrific quality socks, and the addition of a bow tie. Tie or scarf as appropriate!
6. What is your most recent fashion purchase?
A Magee of Donegal suit and a Pierre Cardin suit on sale in Beirut.
7. Where do you usually shop for clothing?
Magee of Donegal who make all my suits… and also at Mc Elhinneys Ballybofey and also random places on my many travels …
8. Do you have any favourite local fashion boutiques?
Several from countries all over… Evolve in Letterkenny is cool too!
9. What are your wardrobe staples?
Suits, a few good coats, well-made shoes, loads of bow ties, shirts and socks!
10. Do you follow trends?
11. Do you have a favourite Christmas outfit?
Usually work… suit and bow tie!
12. Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
Yes, bespoke. Cost 150 pounds sterling, brown brogues – still perfect 30 years later!
13. What is the best piece of fashion advice you’ve ever heard?
As you are about to leave home remove some item of clothing or jewellery instead of overkill on accessories.
14. What do you think about the fashion scene in Donegal?
Men are getting sharper… women in Donegal have always dressed well. Young men are leading the field with mix and match, different fabrics, bow ties and much more colour!
15. What has been your best investment piece?
A tweed coat from Magee… classic and never dated, still admired years later.
16. What’s the wackiest item you own?
A couture piece made by the great Claire Garvey for the VIP Style awards.
17. If you could wear only one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Any well cut well made classic suit!
18. What has been your biggest fashion faux-pas?
A maxi coat when I was 14!
19. If money wasn’t a factor, what would you buy?
Tom Ford, Saville Row bespoke, Magee of Donegal.
20. How do you feel when you’re in your favourite outfit?
Clothes maketh the Man!